The Legend of Zelda Cold Run: Compiled Sessions
Every Cold Run post in a single, tidy package
For those of you clamoring for links to every Legend of Zelda cold run session in a single post, get ready for satisfaction:
- Introduction, wherein I describe the cold run project.
- Session 1, wherein I die in the first dungeon and get lost in the forest.
- Session 2, wherein I bomb for secrets and luck into the entrance to dungeon three.
- Poetics of Mapping, wherein I discuss de Certeau and the poetics of handmade maps.
- Session 3, wherein I drop a lucky bomb and discuss Zelda’s ‘fractal’ dungeon design.
- Session 4, wherein I spring traps in darkness and pursue the Hydra.
- Session 5, wherein I ponder the 8-bit sublime and disturb the dead.
- Session 6, wherein I toot my own whistle.
- Session 7, wherein I continue to hate the Wizzrobes of Level-6.
- Session 8, wherein I master using it.
- Session 9, wherein I succumb to temptation and consult the NES Atlas.
- Final Session, wherein I defeat Ganon and restore peace to Hyrule.
I also drew maps of Hyrule and Level-9, which people seem to like. Those links lead to hi-res JPGs that you can use to decorate your favorite computing device and/or locker.